Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Public Service Announcement: Don't Drink and Drive



I think it should pretty well go without saying by now, but if you're planning on having a few drinks this festive season, don't be a fuckhead and get behind the wheel. Came across this great ad from MTV which light-heartedly points out what most of us already know: as embarassing as it can be to puke, pass out, or piss yourself in the back of a cab, it's still infinitely better than receiving a DUI, wrapping yourself around a tree, or spending the rest of your life in jail for killing somebody else.

The holidays are all about getting drunk with family and friends (and celebrating the birth of Jesus, of course); just don't be a douchebag about it.

[A couple of other fine DUI-inspired pieces can be found here (I've done something similar), here (definitely done something similar), and here (wish I'd thought of it first).]


Make no mistake about it: there's nothing funny about drinking and driving. But there is no shortage of hilarity when it comes to people getting busted for drinking and driving.







The guy taking the header through the wall is one of the top-10 all-time YouTube clips.

And I'd have to say that my one regret as a trouble-making youth was that I never thought to get naked and use the old "How many times do I have to tell you that I am a CELEBRITY? That I am a FAMOUS PERSON!!!" defense.


Will you let me go if I sign you an autograph? How about an autograph for your teenaged daughter? She's in love with me right now.


That cop's a better man than I am. How do you turn down an offer like that?

No comments: