Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The President's Finest Hour



Obviously everybody has already seen this footage, but few clips have shown Bush's reaction in the aftermath. And I have to say, this might be his finest moment as President. The guy is unflappable.

My good friend El Prez from Barstool put it best:

Seriously it's going to take more than that to rattle George Bush. Guy hasn't been phased by the economy, Katrina, terrorists or anything else during his tenure as President. No way a size 10 pair of shoes is going to make him crack.


And it's the truth. That laid-back indifference that allows him to laugh everything off is what makes George Bush such a likable guy. Unfortunately, it's also the same personality trait that has made him such an awful President.

I've often said that George Bush is the kind of guy I'd like to go around the corner and have a few beers with. He seems like a pleasant enough, fun loving dude, you know? But I don't think you want the leader of the free world to be the kind of guy you could conceivably go out and get drunk with, the two of you knocking over a few mailboxes and running away laughing on your way home after last call.

I never thought I'd say it, but now that the end is near, I think I'll miss him. Can we get him his own reality TV show at least?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"So what if the guy threw a shoe at me?"

- Quote of the year.

Anonymous said...

honestly,who throws a shoe?









Nate65

Sean McCallum said...

The laundry list of what happens to you when you throw your shoes at a head of state:

- Broken arm
- Fractured ribs
- Eye injury...

http://www.agi.it/world/news/200812161317-pol-ren0031-art.html

To be honest, I think the guy got off lightly. What would his injuries have been if he'd thrown his shoes at Saddam?