Monday, March 10, 2008

Stuff White People Like

www.stuffwhitepeoplelike.com


My buddy DVZ brought this site to my attention last week, and I really haven't been able to get enough of it since.

Not only is it absolutely hilarious, but it's absolutely true. I mean, I am a white person, and this is pretty much a list of things I like (with the exception of Soccer, which I don't even like the idea of). The Wire? Check. T-Shirts? My wardrobe consists of them almost exclusively. Threatening to move to Canada? Hell, I already did that! (Actually, I was born here, but whatever:

Sue: Hey man, you're not from here, alright. You don't know how it is. I grew up in L.A.
Trent: Anaheim.
Sue: Whatever, man.

- Hey, when are they adding Swingers to the list of Stuff White People Like, anyway?).

I have no idea who is responsible for this site, or which race/nationality/religion they claim to be (I'm pretty sure they're white and just goofing on us), but I find this to be a totally fascinating sociological look into American culture. So much of it is so true, and so funny, and so sad...


Anyway, if you were NOT a white person and wanted to learn how to fit in with white people, www.stuffwhitepeoplelike.com would pretty well be your Bible.


Some classic stuff that white people like:


Wrigley Field

Breakfast Places

Indie Music

Barack Obama

No comments: