Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Graph Showdown: Pie vs. Bar

Vs.


My buddy Richie sent me the Meat Loaf pie graph with the explanation: "Funniest attachment I've seen in a long time. Not because I like the artist, but because I like pie graphs."

Personally, I've always been a fan of the bar graph. And not simply because I prefer bars to pies, but because I believe them to be a better visual representation of data collected for the purposes of showing contrasting values in similar entities.



Shaded maps are also pretty effective.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean, it's STILL the funniest thing I've seen in a long time. I'm also a new fan of the shaded map. Fantastic.

Anonymous said...

if you are a fan of hip-hop, this should have you in stitches...

http://www.jamphat.com/rap/

*disclaimer: I had to have someone explain some of them to me.

-the lom

Anonymous said...

I got the Meatloaf one about 2 weeks ago and thought it was fabulous. Sadly, however, I had to admit that I didn't understand the bar graph of "whose milkshake would bring more boys to the yard: mine or yours". I had to watch a Peter Griffin demonstration to see the humour. God bless the internet.

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, the remarkable message

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, this amusing message

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, a useful phrase

Anonymous said...

Remarkable idea


I can suggest to visit to you a site on which there is a lot of information on this question. Hot Health