Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fun Times in Cleveland

Over the course of the past two years, I have spent roughly 8 weeks of my life in Cleveland, Ohio. And I have to be honest: I'm kind of a fan. And really, what's not to love? The Jake is a great place to catch a ballgame, the streets are buzzing with Lebron-fever, and you can buy a vodoo doll of Art Modell on any corner. It was also the city that Rick "The Wild Thing" Vaughn made famous, and it just happens to house one of the 10-best tourist attractions in the United States. But the gentleman who was commissioned to create the following "Hastily Made Cleveland Tourism Video" has a somewhat conflicting view.

In his own words:

The Cleveland Tourism Board gave me 14 million dollars about 8 months ago to make a promotional video to bring people to Cleveland. As usual, I waited till the last minute and I ended up having to shoot and edit it in about an hour yesterday afternoon. I probably should have invested more time.


My favourite selling features for the Forest City (Mistake on the Lake?) include:

- You should come on down to West 6th Street... It's the perfect place if you're a douchebag.
- Our economy is based on Lebron James
- Our main export is crippling depression

First attempt:


Second try:



Fun times in Cleveland, indeed.

No comments: