Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday Night Music Video Showdown



vs.



vs.



This one is almost too close to call. First of all, you have Bill Shatner in his absolute prime. With the exception of this clip, Captain Kirk has never been better. Throw in a screaming Conan and some crowd noise, and what you have is an instant classic.

And then you have Frankie & the Knockouts. This video absolutely slays me. When you realize exactly what's going on at about the 10 second mark, it's hard to believe that nobody thought of this first. Sheer brilliance.

But I think you have to give the nod to Tall John on this one. Apparently Tall John used to be a writer for Jimmy Kimmel Live, and he put together this compilation of cheezy 80's love ballad cliches as a 40th birthday present for Kimmel. The fact that he's singing this classic himself puts it over the top... and I almost pissed myself when he broke the mirror.


Feel free to cast your votes in the comments section.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have had that awful version of "Alone" stuck in my head for 36 hours... That gets my vote.

Anonymous said...

Tall John reminds me of Foley.

And the mesh veil and mascara running down his face a la Robert Smith... awesome.

and what's going on with Frankie and the Knockouts... I can't figure anything out, maybe I'm looking too hard.

--elom