Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Putting Them Out of Their Misery...

This will undoubtedly be the last time we will have to listen to those select few fans who choose to boo the American National Anthem, an act so despicable that I won't even justify it with a clip. And obviously, I know that it is only a few (thousand) people that give the rest of the fan base a bad name, but it really is a disgusting display when it happens (every year), and it leaves a black eye on the entire country.

So if anyone is going to the game tonight, take a page out of the good people of Edmonton's book, and make a name for yourself by doing something that your entire country can really be proud of:



(I have probably seen this clip 300 times and it literally never gets old)


And this one ain't half-bad either:




On a side note: if it weren't for sporting events, would we even remember the words to our respective National Anthems? Think about it... When was the last time you sang your National Anthem at an event that didn't involve some kind of a game?

See, dad? I told you I'd be able to come up with a reason for you to appreciate sports!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean,
I know it's only Wednesday but I've had a couple of pints and I've played this clip about 10 times in a row and each time a tear comes to the eye.
-Richie

Mr. Dinner said...

Oh Canada IS the best national anthem there is!