Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Heeeeere Fishy Fishy Fishy



Is there any way to explain this clip? If so, I would love for someone to chime in, because I'm at a loss. Also, is there an equivalent to this in the real world? I mean, is this what it's like for Derek Jeter with women when he walks into a bar?

I remember seeing a Sesame Street episode when I was a kid that dealt with this subject matter (the fishing, not DJ's libido), but being ever the skeptic; even at the age of 5; I just went ahead and assumed it was all make believe. Who knew that I'd be shown the error of my ways some 25 years after the fact.



Perhaps most important of all, the validating of the Bert and Ernie Fishing sketch raises an intriguing philosophical question: because if the fishing sketch is true, who's to say that Aloysius Snuffleupagus wasn't real either?

No comments: