Saturday, February 2, 2008

French Seal Showdown

If you're at work or in the presence of small children, you may want to think about turning the volume down on these next three clips.



VS.



VS.



I love the cerebral approach taken by Bobby Knight. Nobody game-plans like the coach, and his ability to think on the fly makes him the obvious favourite going in.


As for the Aussie Rules Football coach, I think the guys at With Leather put it best when they stated: "It's surprising how few coaches know how directly proportional your team's performance is to the frequency of profanity in your pep talk. Not this guy."

Is there any way this team goes out and looses this game? After the goosebump-inducing reference to "The Olympics fuckin... somewhere in the 80's, with this chick that did this fuckin marathon..."? No f#cking way.


But I think I have to give the nod to Chris Berman on this one. In all of my years, I didn't think I'd ever live to see Boomer dropping an F-bomb, on the air or otherwise. He just doesn't seem capable of it. Maybe it's all that "Whooooop!", "Fummm-BULLLL!!!", and Eric "Sleeping With" Bienemy stuff, or the fact that he's a die-hard Bills fan and the only American Football commentator alive who regularly references the CFL... Call me naive, but I just never saw it coming.

To quote the great Clark W. Griswold: "Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."

You're with me, Boomer.

No comments: