Friday, September 14, 2007

Squandered Opportunity

Perhaps the only thing worse than a squandered opportunity is a squandered comedic opportunity.

It sounds like a badly butchered Oscar Wilde quote, I know, but it doesn't change the truth behind it. Enter exhibit A:

I have a co-worker who just recently left the company in order to go into business on his own. Now, I won't go into the details, but all you need to know is that this cat's last name is "Dandele" (Pronounced: "Dan-Delay").

This man, going into business for himself for the first time, made the unconscionable decision of naming his new company "Dantech" when he so obviously should have gone with "Dandele Industries".

To me, this is an unforgivable sin against high comedy. I would have given him my business based solely on his company's name had he gone with "Dandele Industries"


And yes, this was little more than an excuse to relevantly post the "Vandelay Industries" clip.

No comments: